Tuesday, September 6, 2011

From Father to Acquaintance

I'm not like everyone else yet I’m not different, I’m unique. I have had a life full of disappointment and a life full of love. I was 3 when my dad left and began a new family. I was fascinated when I had learned I had  little brother. Little did I know my life would become a walking path for my "dad" to take advantage of. My mom tells me stories about how he would lose his anger and take it out on us. My “father” wasn't too fond of my mother which meant he didn't like me and he had no problem showing it. My mom also tells me the stories like how one night I woke up screaming and crying after spending the weekend with my father. I had told her what he said to me that weekend "I don't need you now I have another son." 4 years into my life he had lost contact with me completely. By the age of 7 my mom had remarried a man by the name of Jayson who had than adopted me changing my name from Taylor Gage Leach to Taylor Gage Robinson.

By the time I was a teenager my biological father had decided to slowly make his way back into my life after years of no communication. It was like meeting someone for the first time but this someone who had my nose or did I have his? I had lost all memory of what he had looked like, now he was balding and smoking was making him have the looks of a 40 year old man and not 34. Shortly after reconnecting I had moved in with him and his mom. That's where I made my first mistake! Things were good at first we were bonding for once. I had a father figure like I had always wanted. Another month or so had gone by and everything once again was pulled from right under me. We began to fight because I had mentioned he spent too much time with his 20 year old girlfriend. Words were exchanged and in the end I walked out of his house with a bloody lip.

My father and I are not good together. At least I think? He hasn't put as much as I have into us having a relationship. Like he said "I don't need you I have another son." To this day I would give anything to have him in my life. Yet I know he's just another negative person who’s going to just bring me down. I know that things can't be perfect. And this is where I start to become the unique person I am today because I am strong enough to live without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment